|“||Judd the cat will tell you who won at the end of each match. No kitten!||”|
— Splatoon's official website, 
|Age||At least 10,000|
Judd (Japanese: ジャッジくん Jajji-kun) is a cat in Splatoon and Splatoon 2 that plays the role of referee in Multiplayer matches. Unlike other characters, he seems to play a bigger role in Splatoon's story that remains a mystery.
Personnalité et traits
Charbitre est né avec la capacité incroyable de juger la surface encrée en un coup d’œil pour séparer les gagnants des perdants. On peut penser qu'il porte une salopette pour chat, mais c'est en fait juste le modèle naturel de sa fourrure. Il est aussi un peu paresseux, comme la plupart des chats, mais il est très actif pendant la nuit. On peut le remarquer dans les Splatfest, ou on peut le voir danser et dire "Miaou!"
As depicted in the Sunken Scrolls, Judd's appearance has changed over time. Judd seems to resemble more of what he currently looks like in the present according to Sunken Scroll #25, but looks much younger and smaller in appearance. In Sunken Scrolls #4 and #15, Judd appears to be much smaller and thinner than his current form. Sunken Scroll #14, which was documented at the end of the Great Turf War, shows that between the time of scrolls #15 and #14, he has recaptured his much "heftier" appearance.
According to the Sunken Scrolls, Judd is more than 10,000 years old, as his original human owner is implied to have built a capsule designed to keep Judd cryogenically sealed for 10,000 years. Because of this, Judd was the only land life form that wasn't buried beneath the rising sea levels during the mass extinction at the beginning of the Mollusc Era.
When he's not judging, he can be found sleeping on a blue crate on the Inkopolis Plaza, although he is said to live in Flounder Heights. The player can talk to Judd and he will give advice as well as a cash bonus depending on the player's online battle vibe, which increases and decreases with wins and losses. He will only give one cash bonus per vibe per stage rotation.
|À veniiiiir !|
Cet article (ou cette section) parle d'un contenu qui n'est pas encore disponible ! Les informations peuvent donc changer au fil du temps. Merci de relire notre règlement concernant les rumeurs et fuites avant d'ajouter des informations fuitées !
Judd returns in Splatoon 2 and once again plays the role of the referee, but is now joined by an cat that bares a large resemblance to him, except it's much smaller, his marks are less dark and he seems more happier than Charbitre. Judd now represents the good guys (the players team) while the mini Charbitre represents the bad guys (the rival team). Charbitre now falls over when the bad guys win and vice versa. He once agains takes naps on a pillow (now green) but in the Inkopolis Square and Mini-Judd sits on top of him.
- Article principal: Judd/Advice
- "A Splat Bomb's timer is only active while it's on the ground! So they'll explode quicker when rolled than when thrown through the air!"
- "An Inkstrike lets you attack any location on the map! The tornado slowly expands from a central point, so try to be accurate! And don't let foes hit you while you're looking at your map! Stay alert!"
- "Chargers deal an awful lot of damage with each shot! But even so... If you just try to splat foes in one hit, you're going to have a bad time. Try using your first blast to block off the path ahead of them with ink... Then you can take them out more easily with the second! Painting the ground like this will help your allies too, so get shooting!"
- Judd's voice clips, either of which are used for the "Meow!" at the beginning of a piece of advice.
- Article principal: Vibe
|SO HAWT!! (NA)
On Fire! (EU/OC)
In the manga series
Judd, like in the game, judges Turf War rounds. His appearance is the same.
- Judd's name is derived from the word "judge," as he is the referee for all the ink battles in Splatoon.
- The tip of his tail is designed to look like an arrow.
- Along with a handful of birds and insects, Judd is one of the few non-aquatic creatures in the game, as he is a cat. As stated in a developers' interview, this is because of the fact that the main characters of Splatoon were originally going to be rabbits; Judd is a leftover from that stage of the game's development.
- Also explained in the interview is the source of Judd's name; apparently, the pattern of his fur came first, and it caused some developers to nickname him ジャッジ, or "Judge", which is his current name in the Japanese version of Splatoon.
- Cats generally have a lifespan of 15 years. Normally he may not have lived after being awakened from cryostasis and living throughout 2,000 years ago.
- There was a glitch in which the player could get their money back after purchasing a slot, reroll, or ordered gear from Spyke by talking with Judd after the purchase. It was fixed with the 1.2.0 patch.
- During Splatfest, Judd can be seen dancing around happily on his pillow in Inkopolis Plaza. Instead of the usual "Zzz," he says "Meow!"
- According to Callie and Marie, Judd lives in Flounder Heights and can be seen commuting to and from Inkopolis.
- Cash cannot be given by Judd during a Splatfest, as there is no vibe and it is replaced by Splatfest Power.
- The mini-Judd appears to be a lot bigger while judging matches than while he's sitting on Judd in the Inkopolis Square.
- Judd judging.jpg
Judd judging ink coverage.
- Blue vs orange knockout.gif
Judd declaring a knockout win for a Ranked Battle. (Click to animate)
- Judd comic panel.png
Judd appearing in a comic panel.
- Judd sleep.gif
Judd sleeping in Inkopolis Plaza.
- Judd feet.png
- Splatfest judd dance.jpg
Still of Judd dancing during a Splatfest.
- Judd splatfest dance.gif
Judd judges a round of Turf Wars.
Judd performing his judging duties in the earliest depiction of a Turf War.
Judd declaring the end of the Great Turf War in result of the Inklings' victory over the Octarians.
Judd alongside his division; the Squidbeak Splatoon.
Judd alongside his unnamed human owner in an article dated at least 12 000 years prior to the events in Splatoon.
Judd being cryogenically frozen by his human master for his survival in preparation for the rising sea levels that inevitably flood the Earth.
- Squid sisters + judd animation.gif
Official animation of Judd and the Squid Sisters, from a promo video for Splatfests.
- Concept Art - Judd.png
Concept art of Judd.
- Concept Art - .52 Gal.png
Concept art the .52 Gal, with a small charm of Judd hanging from it.
- Million seller announcement artwork.jpg
Judd in celebratory art for Splatoon having sold one million copies.
He also appears in the art for Europe alone reaching one million copies sold.
- Line stickers.jpg
Japanese promo for Splatoon-themed stamps for the instant messaging app LINE, including one of Judd.
- Presentation Judd loss.png
A match where Judd has lost
- Little Judd Animated.gif
Animation of a little Judd-like cat on top of Judd
Names in other languages
|François||Charbitre||Pun on chat (cat) and arbitre (referee)|
|20x20px Allemand||Der Miezrichter||Pun on Schiedsrichter (referee) and Miez (kitty)|
|20x20px Italien||Giudigatto||Pun on giudice (judge) and gatto (cat)|
|20x20px Espagnol||Justino||Male name resembling justo (just)|
|Characters dans Splatoon|